this is wonderful:
"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood."
—Søren Kierkegaard
Come to think of it, Kierkegaard may have not only been the father of existentialism, but an emo little bitch.
Emo is four years ago, but it would interesting, albeit ridiculously pretentious to search for existentialism in emo music. I'm sure there is some.
Also, as I'm learning about existentialism, I will share this quote. For being philosophical, it is remarkably practical. And less emo.
"What I really need is to get clear about what I must do, not what I must know, except insofar as knowledge must precede every act. What matters is to find a purpose, to see what it really is that God wills that I shall do; the crucial thing is to find a truth which is truth for me, to find the idea for which I am willing to live and die."
No comments:
Post a Comment